EXP2- Week 2

For my building precedent, I chose Zaha Hadid's Vitra Fire Station in Germany in which I have analysed the building plan and worked out the areas for each building segment to fulfil the school's area requirements.

The total GFA of the fire station was much too large to meet the school's area criterion. So I had to re-size some of the blocks. 

Massing Sketch:

I made this sketch of the school as an early concept to help visualize how the building would look from Anzac Parade. My vision for this architecture school is inspired by modernist architecture that is elevated above the ground plane in order to conserve space, create outdoor, shaded recreational areas, and accommodate existing structures. 

While designing the circulation "cross", I had the idea of this structure being a complex network of connections in the area which gave me the idea of making the rooftops an elevated, green, pedestrian walkway that users can commute and/or enjoy the panoramic Sydney views from multiple viewing platforms scattered along the way. 



Massing model in Sketchup:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

36 Textures

EXP2- Week 1